To implement BMC Intelligent Ticketing with Remedy ITSM Suite 8.1.00, you must download the BMC Intelligent Ticketing 2.0.01 patch.zip file from the EPD.
The BMC Intelligent Ticketing 2.0.x patch comprises of two separate components:
- 01_ITSM Patch: BMC Remedy ITSM Suite patch component
- 02_BPPM Patch: BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management patch component
Install the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite patch component first and then the BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management patch component.
To download the files
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to http://www.bmc.com/available/epd.html.
- At the log on prompt, enter your user ID and Password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, agree to the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose, and click the Licensed Products tab.
- From the Component View section, in the Filter Products box, enter BMC Service Resolution.
- Click Go.
- Click the BMC Service Resolution link displayed on the right
- In the dialog box that is displayed, select version and the platform, and click Go.
- Products—Displays the product files and service pack files available for download.
- Patches—Displays the patch files available for download.
- License Information—Displays the files related to licenses.
- Documentation—Displays the Online Technical Documentation Portal links and the offline zip files of the documentation available for download.
- Click the Products tab and select the check box next to the relevant product name.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.