The following functions are available while creating different types of data collectors.
- Specify a rollover pattern for collecting rolling logs.
For more information, navigate to the data collector type that you want to create.
- Read data from subdirectories of a parent directory.
The way of specifying inputs for collecting data from subdirectories might differ depending on the data collector type that you select.
- Create a host containing details about the target and the collection host, and reuse this information while creating a data collector.
For more information about creating hosts, see Managing hosts.
- Create a credential containing credential details for connecting with the server where the data is located, and then reuse this credential each time while creating a data collector (available for Windows events collection).
For more information about creating credentials, see Managing credentials.
- Specify group access permissions so that particular user groups can access and search the data coming from particular data sources.
- Add tags that can later be used for effectively searching the data from particular data sources.
Assign a data pattern relevant to the data that you want to collect. You can use the Auto-Detect feature to automatically detect matching patterns and preview sample records.
For more information, see Assigning the data pattern and date format.