The following functions are available while creating different types of data collectors.
- Specify a rollover pattern for collecting rolling logs.
- Read data from subdirectories of a parent directory.
- Create a host containing details about the target and the collection host, and reuse this information while creating a data collector. For more information about creating hosts, see Managing hosts.
- Create a credential profile containing credentials to connect with the server where the data is located. You can reuse this credential profile while creating a data collectors for the Windows operating system. For more information about creating credential profiles, see Managing credentials.
- Specify group access permissions so that particular user groups can access and search the data coming from particular data sources.
- Add tags that can later be used for effectively searching the data from particular data sources.
- Filter the relevant data patterns (by using the Auto-Detect feature) to automatically detect the matching data patterns and preview sample records.