The Maintenance Tool utility included with the BMC TrueSight IT Data Analytics installation can be used to capture all relevant logs, configuration files, and configuration data, which can then be sent to the BMC Customer Support team for troubleshooting.
The following sections describe how to start the utility and use the available options:
Where to find more information
Starting the Maintenance Tool
- On the computer on which you installed the BMC TrueSight IT Data Analytics product, browse to the product installation directory:
- Windows: %BMC_ITDA_HOME%/bin
- Linux: $BMC_ITDA_HOME%/bin
- Run one of the following commands, based on your platform:
- Windows: MaintenanceTool.cmd
- Linux: MaintenanceTool.sh
- The Maintenance Tool utility starts, and the Logs page is displayed.
Viewing and zipping log files by using the Maintenance Tool
You can use the Logs tab displayed on the BMC TrueSight IT Data Analytics Maintenance Tool utility to view installation and configuration log files, locate and view other log files, and zip log files to send to BMC Customer Support.
To view and zip log by files by using the Maintenance Tool
- Start the BMC TrueSight IT Data Analytics Maintenance Tool as described in Starting the Maintenance Tool.
The application opens by default on the Logs page. You can see tabs for installation, uninstallation, and configuration log files.
Click Install Log to view the installation log file.
The following actions are available:
- Click one of the date tabs over the table to see events for the specified date.
- Click a column heading to sort the table according to that parameter.
- Select an item in the table to see details relative to the item appearing in the area below the table.
- Use the and icons to search for or filter details.
- Save the file under another name by using the option in the File menu.
- Click Uninstall Log or Configuration Log to view those files.
- Click Browse to Log to locate and view additional log files.
- Click Zip Logs to package BMC TrueSight IT Data Analytics-related log files for sharing with a technical support person or attaching to the Support ticket.
After the process is complete, the location of the zipped files is displayed. By default, the zipped copy is named as ITDALogs.zip and is stored in the following directories:
- Windows: %TMP% directory
- Linux /var/tmp or /tmp directories.
- Click Zip All Logs to package log files for all BMC Software products on the computer for sharing with a technical support person.
After the process is complete, the location of the zipped files is displayed. By default, the zipped copy is named as AllLogs-<computerName>.zip and is stored in the following locations:
- Windows: %TMP% directory
- Linux: /var/tmp or /tmp directories