Use this procedure when you want to set the debug mode for troubleshooting problems in the KM, usually upon request from BMC Support.
To turn on debugging
- From the PATROL Console work area, right-click the End User Experience icon.
- Choose KM Commands > Set Debug Logging Mode.
- In the End User Experience Debug dialog box, select the areas that you want to debug and for which to include messages in the log file. You can select from the following options:
- All: Record messages of all listed types
- Configuration: Record messages pertaining to configuration operations
- Internal KM Communication: Record messages from internal communication operations
- Data Collection: Record messages regarding the collection of data from BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring
- In the File Location field, enter the full path to the file in which to log the debug messages.The default is EUEM_PSL_timestamp .log in the PATROL_HOME /EUEM_KM directory.
- Click OK.
When you are finished debugging the problem that you were experiencing, remember to turn off debug mode by clearing all logging options in the End User Experience Debug dialog box.