This section contains information about the enhancements in BMC TrueSight Operations Management Reporting 10.0.00, and provides instructions for downloading and installing the files.
BMC TrueSight Operations Management Reporting 10.0.00 offers the following enhancements:
Two new reports, Execution Plan Health report and Location Comparative report, have been added to BMC TrueSight Operations Management Reporting. To view these reports, BMC TrueSight App Visibility Server must be integrated with BMC TrueSight Operations Management Reporting. For more information, see Synthetic reports.
Support for operating systems
BMC TrueSight Operations Management Reporting 10.0.00 now supports the following operating systems. For information about all supported operating systems, see System requirements
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 (64 bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 (64 bit)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (64-bit)
- Solaris 11.1 64 bit (SPARC)
- Solaris 11.2 64 bit (SPARC)
Downloading the installation files
BMC Software products are generally distributed by way of the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site. This section contains instructions for downloading the BMC TrueSight Operations Management Report Engine and SAP BusinessObjects installation files from the EPD website.
- Create a temporary directory on your computer for the product installation files.
- Go to the
Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, accept the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site Help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download. Use the Profile list to select a different profile.
- From the Component View (the default view), in the Filter Products text box under Products, type TrueSight and press Enter, or click Go.
- From the filtered list on the right side, click the BMC TrueSight Operations Management Reporting product license.
- In the pop-up window, select the Version (default selection is the latest GA version) and the Platform (if applicable), and click Go.
Click one of the following tabs, and select the check boxes next to the files and documents to download:
You cannot select files across the tabs. When you click another tab, current selections are cleared.
- Download the following files.
To download BMC Reporting Foundation, select the check boxes next to the following files, for your operating system:
MultiExcerpt named 'brf_files' was not foundThe multiexcerpt named 'brf_files' was not found. Please check the page name and MultiExcerpt name used in the MultiExcerpt Include macro.
- To download BMC TrueSight Operations Management Report Engine installation files, select Solution Reports - BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management 10.0.00 with BRF 4.1 for your operating system.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you by email.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively, and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession Client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum is used to verify file integrity automatically.
Where to go from here
Carefully review the system requirements for your platform before you launch the installation program.
Known issues and workarounds