This topic explains how to obtain the files that you need for installation from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site. To understand which files you are entitled to download based on the licenses that you purchased, see License entitlements.
Downloading the files
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image must not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to http://www.bmc.com/available/epd.html.
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, accept the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site Help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download. Use the Profile list to select a different profile.
- From the Component View (the default view), in the Filter Products text box under Products, type BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management and press Enter, or click Go.
- From the filtered list on the right side, click the appropriate product license.
- In the pop-up window, select the Version (default selection is the latest GA version) and the Platform (if applicable), and click Go.
Click one of the following tabs, and select the check boxes next to the files and documents to download:
You cannot select files across the tabs. When you click another tab, current selections are cleared.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 for each tab.
- To go back to the product listing page to download other product files, or to log out from EPD, click the << Back to Product List link that is displayed at the top-right of the pop-up window.
Where to go from here
Carefully review the system requirements for your platform before you launch the installation program. For installation instructions, see Installing.