This topic provides information that you can use to prepare your environment for installing the product.
- Read the Planning topic.
- Verify that your environment meets system requirements.
- Download and unzip the zipped product files (the installer) at your preferred location.
- Ensure that the ports that you use for installing the various components are not in use.
- Ensure that you have administrator privileges (on Windows) or superuser privileges (on Linux).
Preparing for installing on a Linux computer
If you are installing the product on a Linux computer, proceed as follows:
- Download the .tar.gz file and then unzip and extract the file.
- Access the command-line interface and change to the directory that contains the last extracted file; for example: /opt/BMC-TrueSight-IT-Data-Analytics/Disk1.
- Enable the X Window System and set the DISPLAY variable to launch the installer user interface. To do so, run the following command:
hostName refers to the name of the computer on which you want to launch the installer.
- To enable the Indexer to manage more data, navigate to the /etc/security/ directory and increase the number of open file descriptors on your installed location to at least 32,000.
To do so, add the following lines in the limits.conf file:
root soft nofile 32000
root hard nofile 32000
- Save the limits.conf file.
- To help prevent performance issues, execute the
ulimit -l unlimited command to set the amount of memory that can be locked by the Indexer.