The following topics provide information about enabling the new features after upgrading to BMC Remedyforce 20.17.02 (Summer 17):
- Before you begin
- Support for Salesforce Platform Encryption
- Enhancements to Self Service 3.0
- Reconciliation log
- Enhancements to Activity Feed and SmartViews
- Ability to capture time to close an incident and service request
- Ability to configure email template folder to be used for email conversation
- Ability to highlight updated incidents and service requests in the Remedyforce Console list views
- Ability to view configuration items and assets details in the Remedyforce Console
- Ability to capture current staff from the parent record in action history
Download the checklist to track the procedures to enable new features in BMC Remedyforce 20.17.02 (Summer 17).
Before you begin
Before enabling new features in BMC Remedyforce Summer 17, you must perform one of the following actions to ensure that your users have the required permissions to use the new features:
- Assign the appropriate out-of-the-box BMC Remedyforce permission sets to your users. You can assign multiple permission sets to your users to control the accessibility of BMC Remedyforce.
For more information, see Assigning permission sets.
- Manually configure the updated profile-level permissions for the new features.
For information about configuring profile-level permissions and the conditions in which you must manually configure these permissions, see Configuring profile-level permissions after self-upgrade or automatic upgrade.
You have to assign the out-of-the-box BMC Remedyforce permission sets to your users only once. The next time a major release is automatically pushed to your organization, these permission sets are automatically updated. Moving to permissions sets ensures that the automatic upgrade process is simplified and requires minimal manual post-upgrade configuration.
After upgrading to Summer 17, some of these features are available to all the users immediately; while for some features, you would need to perform some configuration settings. For more information, see the following table.
|Enhancements||Available to all users?||Configuration available for system administrators?||Opt in/Opt out for upgrade|
Support for Salesforce Platform Encryption
Salesforce Platform Encryption is a Salesforce feature that enables you to encrypt and protect your data at rest. Remedyforce supports Salesforce Platform Encryption. To enable Salesforce Platform Encryption, contact Salesforce. After Salesforce enables encryption in your organization, you get the option to encrypt a field.
- Contact Salesforce to enable Salesforce Platform Encryption in your Salesforce organization.
- Ensure that you followed all Salesforce guidelines to use Encryption before using the feature in Remedyforce.
Go to the Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > General Application Settings page and select the Support Salesforce Platform Encryption in Remedyforce check box.
When this check box is selected, the BMC Remedyforce code performs additional checks that might affect performance.
- Identify the fields that you want to encrypt.
- Go to the Setup > Create > Objects page, and for each object whose data you want to encrypt, mark the identified fields for encryption.
For the list of fields that can be encrypted, cannot be encrypted, and fields that store metadata, see .
Enhancements to Self Service 3.0
The following enhancements are added to Self Service 3.0:
- Starting from 20.17.02 (Summer 17), Clients can search records in Self Service 3.0 using number or description.
- Records displayed in My Activity are now sorted in chronological order of created date. Until 20.17.01 (Winter 17), the records were sorted in chronological order of the last modified date. You can configure fields to be displayed in My Activity.
- Clients can filter records using State, Status, or both the fields which are configured by the System Administrators. Also, Clients can see a tag for records that are awaiting their reply or action. System Administrator can select these Status values, which are actionable for clients, from Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service > General Self Service Settings > Status values that are actionable for clients.
- Until 20.17.01 (Winter 17), while searching of a user, only the User name was displayed. With 20.17.02 (Summer 17), Email ID and profile picture is displayed along with the User name.
For more information about configuring the Self Service settings, see General settings for Self Service.
You can view reconciliation report to find out records that successfully reconciled and records that failed to reconcile so that you can take corrective measures. For the feature to work, ensure that you create reconciliation rules and enable the reconciliation feature. For more information about configuring the reconciliation feature, see Managing reconciliation.
Enhancements to Activity Feed and SmartViews
Now, all settings configured for email conversations are available for Activity Feed and SmartViews. For example, the To, From, Bcc, and Template fields. For more information about Activity Feed and SmartViews enhancement, see.
After upgrading to Summer 17, perform the post-upgrade procedure specified in Performing minimum post-upgrade procedures for 20.17.02.
Ability to capture time to close an incident and service request
You can get the time taken to close an incident or service request. You can configure if the time is calculated on business hours of client, account, or your Salesforce organization. For more information about capturing time, see General settings for Remedyforce.
Ability to configure email template folder to be used for email conversation
While writing an email message, when a staff member selects an email template from the Email Template field, all email templates are shown. Not all email templates are required for email conversations. Therefore, it is tedious to find the correct email template that you need.
- To create a folder, go to Setup > Communication Templates > Email Templates.
- Click Create New Template.
- Enter the folder name.
- From the Public Folder Access list, select Read/Write.
- Select and move the email templates for conversation to the Email Templates in this Folder list.
- Select the This folder is accessible by all users option.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Remedyforce Administration > Configure Email > Email Conversation Settings page.
- On the Email Conversation Settings page, from the Email Template Folder list, select the folder that you have created.
- Click .
Ability to highlight updated incidents and service requests in the Remedyforce Console list views
Staff members can now view updated incidents and service requests as bold and highlighted in a different color in the Remedyforce Console list views. To show updated records as highlighted to staff members, you must select the New Action check box in the Highlighting of Records in List View section on the Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > Consoles page and select the color in which the records are highlighted. For more information, see Highlighting new and updated incidents and service requests in list views.
Ability to view configuration items and assets details in the Remedyforce Console
With the Service, Service Offering, and Configuration Item / Asset fields on the Incident form, a pop-up window is displayed by clicking
Base Element object on any form in the Remedyforce Console, the same pop-up window is displayed. For more information, see Customizing CMDB list views in CMDB.
Ability to capture current staff from the parent record in action history
From the 20.17.02 release, the staff of a parent record is captured on the record history. This feature is available by default and you do not require any configuration to enable it.