This topic explains how to obtain the files that you need for installation from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site.
For synthetic transaction monitoring components, you must have a Support ID that provides access to MarketZone products, which are displayed under the Addition Products tab on the EPD site.
You can find information about the latest release, service packs, or patches under Release notes and notices.
To download files
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image must not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, accept the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the
EPD site help
; otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose. If necessary, use the Profile list to select a different profile.
From the Component View (the default view), in the Filter Products text box under Products, type part or all of the product name (Borland Silk Performer Synthetic Transaction Monitoring) and press Enter, or click Go.
Only the product components entitled for the licenses you own will be displayed.
In the pop-up window, select the version (default selection is the latest GA version), the platform (if applicable), and click Go.
Click the appropriate tab:
Products—Displays the product files and supplementary related files available for download.
Patches—Displays the patch and service pack files available for download.
License Information—Displays the files related to licenses.
Documentation—Displays the Online Technical Documentation links and the offline zip files of the documentation available for download.
You cannot select files across the tabs. When you click another tab, current selections are cleared.
For each tab, select the check boxes next to the files and documents that you want to download.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.
- To go back to the product listing page to download other product files, or to logout from EPD, click the << Back to Product List link that is displayed to the top-right of the pop-up window.
Where to go from here
Carefully review the system requirements for your platform and other tasks necessary for setting up the installation environment. You must perform these tasks before you launch the installation program.
For installation instructions, see Performing the TEA Agent installation.
For upgrade instructions, see Upgrading a synthetic TEA Agent.