If you want to remove a KM from being displayed in your PATROL console, you can unload its corresponding application classes (.km files).
When you unload a .km file, its corresponding application class no longer appears in your console. Unloading a .km file does not delete the file from the lib\knowledge or psl directories on the PATROL console or PATROL Agent computer. If you want to delete a KM completely from your system, you must uninstall the KM.
If a .km file was preloaded (whether as part of a .kml file or not), unloading it does not stop the PATROL Agent from collecting data for that .km file. However, if the .km file was not preloaded, then unloading it does stop the file from running and collecting data on the PATROL Agent.
If you no longer want the PATROL Agent to run a KM that was preloaded, you can remove its corresponding .kml file or .km files from the PATROL Agent preload list as described in Using wpconfig to remove KMs from the Agent preload list.
When you remove a KM from the PATROL Agent preload list, the agent does not run the KM unless you load it with a running console. KMs that are not preloaded do not run unless a console is running.
If you no longer want to view a KM that currently appears in your console, you can unload the corresponding application classes (.km files) that make up the KM.
For information about how to unload a KM from a particular console, click the appropriate link:
PATROL Console for Microsoft Windows
- From the KM tab of the tree view, right-click the application class name that you want to delete and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Click Yes to delete the application class.
The application class is removed from your cache directory and your console session file.
- Repeat Step 1 and Step 2 until you have deleted all of the application classes associated with the KM that you want to delete.
- From the console menu bar, select File > Save KM to save your changes.
PATROL Console for UNIX
- From the PATROL Main window, select Attributes > Application Classes.
- From the Lists of Application Classes window, click the name of the application class that you want to delete.
- From the List of Application Classes menu bar, select Edit > Delete.
The application class is removed from your cache directory and your console session file. The PATROL Console removes the application class name from the List of Application Classes.
- Repeat Step 2 and Step 3 until you have deleted all of the application classes associated with the KM that you want to delete.
- From the List of Application Classes menu bar, select File > Save KM to save your changes.
PATROL Central Operator - Windows Edition
- In the Common Tasks tab of the Operator Console Module Taskpad, click the Unload Knowledge Module(s) icon.
PATROL displays the Unload Knowledge Module(s) Wizard.
- To start the wizard, click Next.
- From the Managed System screen, select the managed system.
- From the Knowledge Modules screen, select the KMs that you want to unload. For a description of the PATROL for Microsoft Windows Servers KMs, see Table 16PATROL for Microsoft Windows Servers .kml files.
- Click Finish.
PATROL Central - Web Edition
PATROL Central - Web Edition has a feature that enables you to unload specified .km files from specified computers.
- From the Managed Systems page, click the Load/Unload KMs button.
The Load KMs page opens, listing each computer on which a PATROL Agent has been installed.
- Select the computers from which you want to unload .km files, and click Next.
The Load KMs page displays a list of .km files. Currently loaded .km files are highlighted in the list.
- Cancel the selection of the .km files that you want to unload.
- Click Finish.
The console removes the .km files that you specified. These .km files will no longer be in the current management profile.