You can verify that the installation of an App Visibility agent for Java was successful, and that the agent was invoked, by reviewing the log files created during installation. For assistance with issues that you cannot solve, contact BMC Support.
To review the installation logs
- Open the bmc_ad_agent_install.log file, which is usually located in the same folder as the installation script and the agentInstaller.jar.
- Examine the log:
App Visibility Agent for Java was installed successfully. indicates the installation was successful.
- Error messages can indicate incorrect privileges or write access. Ensure that you have execute privileges on the installation scripts, and write access to the installation location.
To verify that the agent for Java has been invoked
- Access the log files folder in the local installation directory, for example: C:\AppVis\ADOPsInstall\instances\<instance_name>\logs
The <instance_name> variable is a name that is generated dynamically when the agent first starts.
- Examine the aps_agent.log file.
If the log file exists, the installation was successful.
[ERROR] messages for issues that you can address, such as App Visibility portal connection issues. Ensure that the portal address is correct and that a firewall is not blocking access.
- In the TrueSight console, select Administration > App Visibility Agents from the navigation pane and confirm that the agent is online.
Where to go from here
Access the TrueSight console
Add App Visibility to the TrueSight console
Viewing App Visibility agent status and properties
Troubleshooting App Visibility Manager
Known and corrected issues