You can verify that the App Visibility agent for Java upgrade was successful, and that the agent for Java was invoked, by reviewing the log files created and updated during the agent upgrade. For assistance with any issues that you cannot solve, contact BMC Customer Support.
To review the logs
- Open the bmc_ad_agent_install.log file, which is usually located in the same folder from which you ran the upgrade script.
- Examine the log for error messages, such as messages that indicate incorrect privileges or write access.
- Ensure that you have execute privileges on the upgrade scripts and write access to the upgrade location.
- Ensure that other applications or processes are not holding files open.
To verify that the Agent for Java has been invoked
- Access the log files folder in the local installation directory, for example: C:\AppVis\ADOPsInstall\instances\<instance_name>\logs
The <instance_name> variable is the name that is generated dynamically during the Agent first start-up.
- Examine the aps_agent.log file.
If the log file exists, the installation was successful.
[ERROR] messages for issues that you can address.
- In the TrueSight console, select Administration > App Visibility Agents from the navigation pane and confirm that the agent is online.
Where to go from here
Access the TrueSight console.
Add App Visibility to the TrueSight console, if you haven't already done so.
Upgrading App Visibility
Installing App Visibility components
Setting up applications for monitoring
Troubleshooting App Visibility Manager
Known and corrected issues