To upgrade the BMC Synthetic Transaction Execution Adapter (TEA) Agent, you can use a silent (unattended) installation, as described in this topic, or the installation wizard.
This topic describes how to upgrade from version 10.0.X. For upgrading silently from version 2.6.XX see Migrating a synthetic TEA Agent silently from version 2.6.XX.
The following procedures describe how to set up and run a silent upgrade:
The upgrade procedure uses the same wizard as the installation. When upgrading, you must make sure that the
installLocation matches the existing value of your TEA Agent installation.
You can run the installation wizard to upgrade more than one TEA Agent on a single computer. For each agent you must supply the specific agent installation directory.
Before you begin
- Verify that all requirements described in TEA Agent system requirements are met.
- Perform the relevant tasks listed in Preparing for installation.
Install version 16.5 of Borland Silk Performer or the execution module.
Multiple versions of TEA Agents are not supported on the same computer. Make sure to upgrade all of them to the latest version.
Defining properties and running the silent installation
If you want to upgrade more than one TEA Agent on the same computer, you must run the installation more than once. For each run, make sure that the
installLocation matches the existing value of your TEA Agent installations.
To define properties and run the silent upgrade
- Log on to the host computer as a user with administrator privileges.
From the Disk1 directory, open the TEAAgent-silent-option-upgrade.txt file, the options file provided with the product installer.
Make sure that installation directory path that you enter in
installLocationmatches the value for your existing TEA Agent installation.
Save the TEAAgent-silent-option-upgrade.txt file.
From the directory where the installer file is stored, open a command prompt and run the silent upgrade using the following command:
The <filePath> is the full location of the options file.
To verify that the TEA Agent installation was successful
- Using Windows Administration Tools to view local services, ensure that the service for the BMC TEA Agent is running.
If the service is not running, check in the BMCTEAAgent_upgrade_log.txt file (located in the %temp% directory) for warnings or errors.
- Log on to the Presentation Server with Administrator access.
- From the navigation menu, select Administration > App Visibility Agents.
- Ensure that your installed Agent is listed in the table and that the Agent status is Online.
Where to go from here
After you install the BMC Transaction Execution Adapter Agent, the service automatically starts and the Agent is automatically registered by the Presentation Server. The Agent is ready to receive configuration information.