instances API uses the GET method to obtain a list of monitored instances.
|Obtains the authToken required to perform all other operations
|Retrieves configuration data of monitor instances
|Retrieves performance data of monitor instances
|Retrieves a list of monitored devices
|Retrieves a list of monitored instances
|Retrieves a list of monitor types
|Retrieves a list of tenants
Before you begin
You must have used the
login API to obtain the authToken, which authenticates the user performing the operation. For details, see TSWS Web service authentication.
|the tenant name, for example "BmcRealm"
|The API lists instances that are part of the provided tenant and device
Sample request with REST client
After you access the REST client, perform the following steps:
- Enter the URL for the list of monitor instances API. The generic format is:
- Add the query parameters:
- tenantId — the tenant name, for example "BmcRealm".
- Select any of the following options:
The API lists instances that are part of the provided tenant and device.
The API lists instances that are part of the provided tenant and matches the provided monitor unique name.
- deviceId and monUniqName
The API lists instances that are part of the provided tenant and device and matches the provided monitor unique name.
- serverId, monTypeId, and monInstId
These three inputs together form the monitor instance key. The API lists child instances that are part of the provided tenant and matches the given parent instance details or key.
- Add a new header row and select Authorization as the header type.
- Enter the text authToken followed by the authToken generated through the login API. See TSWS Web service authentication.
- Click Send.
JSON response content
The response information follows the standard HTTP response status codes.
Sample JSON response
The following sample JSON response contains the monitor instances for the instances API: