After you install the App Visibility server components, you must install an agent on each application server computer that you want to monitor. The agent receives configuration information from the App Visibility portal and sends captured information from the application server to an App Visibility collector.
Perform the following procedures to install the App Visibility agent on a Java application server or web server.
Before you begin
Before you begin, review known and corrected issues.
To install the App Visibility agent for Java
- Ensure that you complete all preinstallation tasks.
- Install the agent for Java by using one of the following methods:
- Perform post installation configuration:
- Update the Java options according the application server type.
- Grant Java 2 permissions.
- Verify the agent for Java installation.
Where to go from here
Installing an App Visibility agent for .NET
Installing the App Visibility server components