Cloud providers are added in product content as part of the normal monthly TKU update. Product content is supplied in an RPM bundled with the knowledge upload, in much the same way as Device RPMs (DRPMs). The content that may be added to support discovery of a cloud provider is shown below:
- API calls to the cloud provider
- Reasoning rules for the cloud provider
- UI updates for:
- Credentials – add the new provider credential type.
- Scan dialog – add the parameters required to scan the new provider, for example, regions or equivalent.
- Taxonomy updates
- New node kinds – add new node kinds representing aspects of the new cloud provider that are different from existing supported providers.
- Updated visualizations to display the new node kinds.
- Start anywhere application modeling support for the new node kinds.
- Licensing report support
Host Identity algorithm – add the ability to identify hosts or virtual machine variants particular to the new provider.
Host scripts – add the ability to discover additional information on hosts or virtual machine variants particular to the new provider.
To install a new cloud provider, install the latest TKU which includes the provider. Not all monthly TKU releases include new cloud providers.