Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TKU July 2008

In July TKU we added an attribute to the Volume Manager SI which allows to monitor whether a certain Volume Manager License was purchased in a bundle with Storage Foundation. This attribute is either set to True or False, and can easily be used in Reporting to filter Storage Foundation Licenses from the Licenses which were bought exclusively for Volume Manager.

TKU October 2009

In TKU October we completely reorganized the way that we handle Licensing Data for Volume Manager. Whereas this data used to be stored in Additional Attributes of the SI, it is now stored into Detail Nodes of type Licensing Details, one for each licensed entity present on the host. Each of these details are directly linked from the Volume Manager SI. To make it easier to employ the data present in these details, we outlined a number of sample Reports in the relevant page.

Furthermore, we reworked the behaviour that the pattern takes when it encounters an entity of Volume Manager which was bundled with Storage Foundation. We no longer set an additional attribute in the Volume Manager SI. Instead, we model a containment link between the Volume Manager Licensing Detail and the Storage Foundation Licensing Detail, the latter containing the first. This condition can be easily identified through a specific Report, outlined in the relevant page.

TKU April 2010

In TKU April an issue that was introduced in TKU October 2009 with the introduction of Detail Nodes was resolved. The initial implementation of storage of license information on Detail Nodes did not create the Detail Node key which was unique enough which could lead to information about multiple licenses linked to a product being lost. The way the Detail Node key is generated has been improved in the update to the pattern.
Aditionally, parsing of output of license command for CPU count was improved - any trailing spaces removed from the value obtained (and therefore no longer in 'allowed_cpus' Detail Node attribute).

TKU June 2010

In TKU June an issue that was introduced in TKU April 2010 with the parsing of output of license command for CPU count which would cause failure to parse the CPU count was resolved.

TKU August 2010

In TKU August 2010 there were some slight changes to prevent race conditions that could occur when the Software Instance was searched for before it was added to the datastore

TKU January 2011

In TKU January 2011 some slight changes were made to remove superflous spaces from the names of detail nodes

TKU Novemer 2018

In TKU November 2018 we improved how we obtain license information

  • No labels