- Discover with BMC Discovery
This product can be discovered by Enterprise version of BMC Discovery, but you can still Download our free Community Edition to discover [other products] !
- What is this?
- This is a product information page, containing details of the information that BMC Discovery gathers about a product and how it is obtained.
- Product Name
- Publisher Page
- Change and Configuration Software
- TKU 2012-Jul-1
- Change History
- Symantec Management Platform - Change History
- Reports & Attributes
- Symantec Management Platform - Reports & Attributes
- Publisher Link
The Symantec Management Platform provides a set of services that IT-related solutions can leverage. Solutions plug into the platform and take advantage of the platform services. The platform is installed as part of a solution (the products that run on the platform) or suite (a group of solutions) installation, such as Altiris Client Management Suite or Altiris Server Management Suite.
The Symantec Management Platform core services includes the following components :
- Notification Server (The Symantec Management Platform service that processes events, facilitates communications with managed computers, and coordinates the work of the other Symantec Management Platform services)
- Altiris Agent (The software that is installed on a computer to enable Notification Server to monitor and manage it. After the Altiris Agent is installed, that computer becomes a managed computer.
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB) - The database that stores all of the information about managed computers.
- Symantec Management Console - a Web-based user interface that lets monitor and manage Notification Server and solutions based on Platform.