- Discover with BMC Discovery
This product can be discovered by Enterprise version of BMC Discovery, but you can still Download our free Community Edition to discover [other products] !
- What is this?
- This is a product information page, containing details of the information that BMC Discovery gathers about a product and how it is obtained.
- Product Name
- Publisher Page
- Data Integration and Access Software
- TKU 2019-04-1
- Change History
- Oracle Connection Manager - Change History
- Reports & Attributes
- [Oracle Connection Manager - Reports & Attributes]
- Publisher Link
Oracle Connection Manager is a proxy server, an intermediate server that forwards connection requests to the database server or to other proxy servers. It has three primary functions:
• Session multiplexing
• Access control
• Protocol conversion
Session multiplexing--You can quickly configure Oracle Connection Manager to funnel multiple client sessions through a network connection to a shared server destination.
Access control--You can use rule-based configuration to filter out certain client requests and accept others.
Protocol conversion--Oracle Connection Manager accepts connection requests in any protocol that Oracle supports.
Oracle Connection Manager is part of the Oracle network middleware (formerly called SQL*Net) and is shipped together with Oracle RDBMS product.