- Discover with BMC Discovery
This product can be discovered by Enterprise version of BMC Discovery, but you can still Download our free Community Edition to discover [other products] !
- What is this?
- This is a product information page, containing details of the information that BMC Discovery gathers about a product and how it is obtained.
- Product Name
- Publisher Page
- Other System Software
- TKU 2019-04-1
- Change History
- IBM WebSphere Communications Server - Change History
- Reports & Attributes
- IBM WebSphere Communications Server - Reports & Attributes
- Publisher Link
IBM® Communications Server supports widely used networking technologies, enabling customers and Business Partners to build client/server applications independent of networking protocol or hardware.
- Delivers a high-performance, high-quality communications solution to companies that run multiprotocol or multiple networks, have SNA applications they want to extend over TCP/IP networks, or sockets applications they want to extend over SNA networks to support users in a variety of locations
- Offers a solution to companies that want to consolidate or change their backbone networks, provides SNA 3270 host access to TCP/IP users via TN3270E and SNA host access to any Java™-enabled Web browser, and improves network availability
- Allows access to data from anywhere using familiar interfaces and protocols, publishes host data and applications from multiple sources to the Web, provides 5250 access to IP users via TN5250, and can be integrated into Tivoli®
- Enables use of Branch Extender or Enterprise Extender advanced networking technologies to implement more cost-effective and robust networks, and improves data security over the Internet and intranet
- Provides all-in-one communications services between workstations and a host system, and includes a full-function SNA gateway, the most Advanced Peer-to-Peer Networking® system in the industry, support for many types of connectivities, and a rich set of APIs