You can install BMC Discovery using a DVD or a downloaded Open Virtualization Format (OVF) virtual machine.
Although the following options are provided in the OS installer, they are not supported by BMC Discovery:
- Encrypt disks option in the partitioning screens
- Advanced Storage options.
No OS customizations are supported on the appliance
We reserve the right to withdraw support, and make no guarantees that future upgrades will be compatible or maintain any of those customizations. We may ask for customizations to be removed for testing purposes. In practice, we will try and provide support for issues that are unrelated to the OS layer.
BMC Discovery is built as an appliance that is not intended to have any additional software installed on it. If you have an urgent business need to install additional software on the appliance, see the third party software support page.
At the end of your BMC Discovery installation, you should ensure that you have configured networking to suit your environment. For example, if your installation uses a static IP address, you must specify appropriate DNS settings. You can add DNS entries through the UI in the Administration page. See Configuring name resolution settings for more information.This section provides information on installing BMC Discovery. It contains the following sections:
- Installation process overview
- Installing from the Kickstart DVD
- Installing the virtual appliance
- Deploying BMC Discovery in the cloud
- Installing BMC Discovery Proxy Manager
- Performing optional configuration
- Installing the BMC Discovery Outpost