Setting up phone contacts and the Contact IT button
You can configure the Contact IT button and contact information for key departments or personnel in your company. This enables your users to get help by contacting IT.
This topic describes how to enter contact information for key departments or personnel in your IT resource pool.
The Contact IT button is displayed on the Catalog page of the BMC Digital Workplace end user console:
To configure the Contact IT button
- In the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console, click Configuration.
- On the Features table on the Application Features page, select or clear the check box next to Contact IT button to enable or disable it.
The change is immediate. The button will be available or invisible to clients.
- (Optional) Change the label text of the Contact IT button.
For details about how to change the label, see Configuring the labels used in BMC Digital Workplace.
To create phone contacts
- In the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console, click Help Desk > Contact Options.
- From the Contact Type list, select General Help or Account Problem.
- In the New Contact Phone Number section, enter a staff member's contact information, and click Add Contact.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add more contacts.
- If you selected Account Problem in step 2, use the Account Problem Properties section to enter the URL and custom message that provides guidance to users facing issues while trying to log in.
- If you selected General Help in step 2, use the General Help Properties section to enter the URL of your company's Help page and the custom message to appear on the contact page.
End users can view contact numbers and your company's website when they click the Contact IT button as shown in the following image: