This topic helps you gather the kinds of information that you can collect prior to your implementation to allow for a smooth start. Use the attached spreadsheet to help gather:
- Sizing information that can help you plan your deployment
- Implementation decisions that can help you choose uses cases and plan how to implement them
- Data requirements for information and images that the BMC Digital Workplace administrator can upload
To size your deployment
If you plan to use Remedy with Smart IT (Smart IT), also review the guidelines in the Remedy with Smart IT online documentation.
You can use BMC Digital Workplace OnDemand together with BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) on premise. You can also use Smart IT 1.5.01 (or later) on premises, together with your on premises BMC Remedy ITSM server.
Be aware of the following differences between running BMC Digital Workplace and Smart IT on the same server cluster (fully on premises or fully OnDemand) and the hybrid scenario:
|Overlapping functionality||Benefit when BMC Digital Workplace and Smart IT on the same server cluster||Effect of hybrid scenario|
|Person profile image||The same person profile image is displayed in both BMC Digital Workplace and Smart IT. Updates can be made in either BMC Digital Workplace or Smart IT.||Person profile images are stored separately for BMC Digital Workplace and Smart IT. Updates made to BMC Digital Workplace are not reflected in Smart IT, and vice versa.|
|Broadcasts||Broadcasts sent by agents and IT staff from Smart IT are displayed to applicable users in both Smart IT and BMC Digital Workplace. Broadcasts sent by administrators from BMC Digital Workplace are displayed to applicable users in both Smart IT and BMC Digital Workplace.||Broadcasts sent by agents and IT staff from Smart IT are displayed only to applicable users in Smart IT. Broadcasts sent by administrators from BMC Digital Workplace are displayed only to applicable users in BMC Digital Workplace.|
BMC Digital Workplace
BMC Digital Workplace assets are available to agents when they create work orders and incidents in Smart IT.
BMC Digital Workplace assets are not available to agents when they create work orders and incidents in Smart IT.
|BMC Digital Workplace points of interest (POI)||From Smart IT, the related items are of a service request displays BMC Digital Workplace points of interest.||From Smart IT, the related items are of a service request does not display BMC Digital Workplace points of interest.|
To choose use cases and plan implementation
To learn about the use cases, see Use cases. For additional considerations and to plan implementation, use the Implementation decisions tab of the planning spreadsheet to consider:
- Services information for assistance and health capabilities -BMC Digital Workplace administrators can define the services to make available for interaction by BMC Digital Workplace users.
- Assistance information -BMC Digital Workplace end users can use the client application to request services and to use knowledge from the Catalog.
Schedule appointment information - When setting up staff availability calendars, you need to know how many of your staff will be available on a given day, so that users of BMC Digital Workplace can see when appointment slots are available to them.
Use the End user information section of the Implementation decisions tab of the planning spreadsheet to plan the following:
- How to provide accounts for business users
- Whether to roll out the mobile applications as part of your deployment
- How much you might want to customize the interface
To plan to load data to BMC Digital Workplace
Use the Data requirements tab of the planning spreadsheet to plan:
- Which assets to bring into BMC Digital Workplace
Which images to bring into BMC Digital Workplace
For more information on using logo images and background images to rebrand: