Setting service level agreements
Service catalog administrators and internal service supplier administrators can configure service level agreements (SLAs) for a service. The SLA section is where you include optional information to capture the terms of service agreed upon by an organization and the service supplier who provides the service.
Before you begin
Create the service, as described in Adding and updating services.
To add Service Level Agreement (SLA) information
- In BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog, go to Services > Services, and open a service.
- Click Edit next to Service Level Agreement on the Service Options pane.
- Enter a text version in Description field.
- (Optional) Click Add Trackable Metric, and select a value, and then complete fields as required.
- (Optional) If required according to your legal statement, attach a digital copy of the SLA as a file, or provide a link to an online SLA copy.
- Click Save.
Metrics to track service fulfillment
The following metrics indicate when end users should expect their service requests to be completed.
|Trackable metric||Comments||End-user visibility|
Specified in days, hours, or minutes.
Note: The duration must include only business days. For example, if the provisioning time is two working weeks, specify 10 days as the value.
Promised reliability and quality of service, with a description and a measurable percentage.
Expected time to receive a response from support. Four severity levels can be monitored: Low, Medium, High, and Critical.