This topic contains information about enhancements in version
of BMC Helix Digital Workplace
(Version 21.05.02 and later) Container deployment of BMC Helix Innovation Suite
Perform container deployment of BMC Helix Innovation Suite and Service Management applications in your on-premises environment. This method of deployment offers:
- Simplified on-premises deployment process with reduced effort as compared to the deployment by using installers.
- Less resource consumption, offering better resource scalability.
- Ability to consume cloud-based applications such as, BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker , BMC Digital Workplace .
- Improved security that offers ability to isolate applications from the host and other applications.
For more information, see in BMC Helix Innovation Suite Deployment documentation.
Remove duplicate fulfillment requests
Service requests that use workflows designed to create an incident, work order, or change request in BMC Helix ITSM do not create duplicate fulfillment requests in the My Activity tab of the BMC Helix Digital Workplace end-user console. For example, if the user submits a service request that includes an incident workflow, in BMC Helix Digital Workplace, they only see one submitted service request. No duplicate service request for incident fulfillment is created. This feature also applies to work order and change request tickets.
Display incident details to end users
The 21.05 version introduces functionality that enables a quick orientation among the flow of incident tickets for SRDs and BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog services.
End users can:
- See the incident ID associated with the single service requests in the My Activity tab.
- Open the service request to observe the fulfillment details of the incident (ID, description, last modified date, and status).
- Leave comments on a particular incident, so that when agents receive comments on the associated service request, they can easily identify whether the comment refers to the incident they are working on.
For more information, see Enabling end user features.
Set default notification settings for new end users
As the BMC Helix Digital Workplace administrator, you can set default settings for email and push notifications for requests, approvals, surveys, and social activity. For example, the BMC Helix Digital Workplace administrator enables email notifications for requests, and new users start receiving emails as soon as they log in to BMC Helix Digital Workplace and request services. Default notification settings apply only to the initial setup. End users can still change the notification settings in their preferences. For more information, see Configuring status updates and notifications.
View BMC Helix Digital Workplace data in BMC Helix Dashboards
Service owners in BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog can view service request-related data in BMC Helix Dashboards. Use the dashboard to determine the trend, overall performance, and effectiveness of BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog. The out-of-the-box reports include the number of requests raised in a given time period, the number of fulfilled and failed requests, top 10 requested services, and so on. As an administrator or editor, you can also create custom reports.
The following image shows the DWP Request Overview dashboard with sample data:
For more information, see Viewing BMC Helix Digital Workplace dashboard .
Enhance search results with knowledge articles from BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround by ComAround
Use BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround by ComAround as a search provider and boost your knowledge base with an extensive Article-Pack. The preloaded articles in the Article-Pack support service desk agents and customers who use software from Microsoft, Google, Adobe, and Zoom.
BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround provides the following benefits:
- Multilanguage support that reduces translation costs.
- Preloaded knowledge articles that contain screenshots and videos.
- Articles from BMC Helix Business Workflows are synchronized with BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround.
- Articles from BMC Helix ITSM: Knowledge Management are synchronized with BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround
- Enhanced cognitive and natural language processing search capabilities that display the most relevant knowledge article for end users.
For more information, see Integrating BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround with BMC Helix Digital Workplace.
View notifications and broadcasts from BMC Helix Digital Workplace in BMC Helix Virtual Agent
End users can view and dismiss in-app notifications or broadcasts from chatbot without navigating to BMC Helix Digital Workplace . The chatbot administrator or application business analyst can enable or disable notifications for the end users. Learn how to Manage broadcasts and notifications for end users . To learn how to enable notifications in chatbot, see .
The following image is an example of how broadcast and notifications are displayed in a chatbot:
Integration support removed for BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management and BMC HR Case Management
Integration with the following products is no longer supported with the 21.05 release of BMC Helix Digital Workplace.
As a BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced user, you will not be able to use the following providers and connectors.
Pluggable providers removed from the BMC Helix Digital Workplace Admin console:
- CLM cloud services pluggable provider
- HRCM knowledge pluggable provider
- HRCM service catalog pluggable provider
- HRCM user details pluggable provider
Connectors removed from the BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog console:
- CLM connector
- HRCM connector
External users feature unavailable with this version
The External users feature was introduced in version 19.11 and requires the BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced – Self-Registered User license. While this feature is not available with version 21.05, it is expected to be made available in a subsequent release.
License entitlement upgrade for BMC Helix ITSM SaaS customers
BMC Helix ITSM SaaS customers who are using version 21.05 will have access to the BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog console. This console replaces the need to use BMC Service Request Management for creating and managing service request catalog items for your end users.
What else changed in this release
|Update||Product behavior in versions earlier than 21.02||Product behavior in 21.05|
|Contact details for imported SRDs||If the end users' work email and phone were missing in an imported SRD, the contact details for the user were blank.||If the end users’ work email and phone are missing in an imported SRD, but a personal (Home) email and phone are available, the personal details are displayed in the contact details for the user.|
|Menu name||Administrators used the Access Control menu to modify the categories available to users.||The menu name has been updated to Admin Views.|
|Remove default locale||End users had default locale as a language option.||The default locale has been replaced with English. End users can continue to choose any of the available languages.|