Configuring services and assets to be available on the My Stuff page
By using the My Stuff page in the BMC Helix Digital Workplace end user console, end users can view their assets (such as printers, mobile devices, laptops, virtual machines) and their completed service requests (for example, a provisioned health insurance or a provisioned virtual machine request). They can also perform actions with their assets and completed service requests. For example, they can stop a virtual machine that they own, or they can prolong a medical insurance.
Catalog administrators must add provisioned service requests and assets to asset groups for them to be available on the My Stuff page. Asset groups are displayed as categories on the My Stuff page. For example, end users might view the Health and care category or the Hardware category displayed on their My Stuff page.
Catalog administrators associate services, service categories, and asset classes with asset groups. Asset groups created by catalog administrators are displayed on the My Stuff page of an end user. The following diagram shows how items can be associated with each other in the BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog, Asset management external system, and BMC Helix Digital Workplace:
The My Stuff page does not display service requests or assets in any of the following cases:
- No completed service requests have service actions associated with them.
- The completed services are not associated with any asset group.
- No asset classes are associated with any asset group.
- The assets available in the asset classes are not entitled to the end user.
To generate assets and service requests on the My Stuff page
Ensure that the connection with a corresponding connector is configured.
For more information about how to configure a connection with any connector, see Configuring service connectors.
Configure Asset Management in the Application Settings pane in the BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog console.
The Asset Management pane shows all connections both configured and unconfigured that are created based on any asset connectors, such as AWS Service Catalog, Microsoft Office 365, Action Request System (AR System), and so on.
- Associate one or more services and asset classes with the available asset groups.
For details how to do this, see Managing asset groups.
Configuring Asset Management for assets and service requests
You must configure Assets Management to define what items end users can see on their My Stuff page. You can enable the following items from the Application Settings pane:
- Assets—Items retrieved from connected external systems that support management of assets.
- Service requests—Service requests that have been processed and completed and have a status of Closed.
To configure Asset Management
- Log in to BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog as a catalog administrator.
- Click the configuration gear ( ) to open the Application Settings.
- Click the arrow (>) next to Asset Management.
- Turn on the Asset Connectors (Recommended) toggle.
- Turn on the Service Requests toggle.