Increasing the query size
If you receive error messages when retrieving large datasets, you can increase the query size. For example, you might want to increase the default query size of 5000 to be able to support more locations. A separate backend MyIT Administration Console allows you to change the query size. The BMC Remedy AR System server with this backend console is the server that hosts the BMC Digital Workplace data access component.
To change the query size
- In a browser, log on to the AR System server to which BMC Digital Workplace is connected for BMC Remedy IT Service Management data.
- Under Applications, select BMC MyIT Administration > MyIT Administration Console.
Under Applications, the following BMC Digital Workplace options are listed:
- BMC MyIT: Contains queries for data owned by BMC Digital Workplace (for example, location, appointments, and preferences).
- MyIT-ITSM: Contains queries for data owned by BMC Remedy IT Service Management (for example, service requests and incidents).
- Select BMC MyIT.
- Under Data Settings, select the data you want to change (for example, Location).
- Under Data Source Queries, select the query you want to change (for example, MYIT_ALL_LOCATIONS).
- In the Query Size field, enter the new size.
- Click Save.
- Restart the AR System server.