Distributing services among virtual marketplaces
After virtual marketplaces have been created, an asset manager can distribute published service catalog items to existing virtual marketplaces by using a visual view of a single service catalog, available on the Catalog page:
Before you begin
- You must be signed in as an asset manager to use features described in this topic.
- Create the virtual marketplaces, as described in Creating virtual marketplace entitlements.
- The catalog must contain services with a Published status.
To find services that you want to distribute into virtual marketplaces
Use the intuitive controls to filter by service category, or search by service name or description excerpt as you type.
Search finds whole words or phrases that start with the search term that you provide. Use * as a wildcard at the end of a search term.
- Search term:
remedywould find BMC Remedy, BMC Remedy with Smart IT, etc.
- Search term:
remedy*would find all the above, and BMC RemedyForce.
To preview the service catalog item details
Click any tile to view an overview, technical information, cost, service level agreement, and other information about a selected service.
You can distribute services one at a time from the preview.
To distribute services among virtual marketplaces
You can distribute services as needed: multiple services into a single virtual marketplace, and single service to multiple virtual marketplace.
On the Catalog page, select one or more services.
To select all services, click Actions > Select all.
- Select one or more virtual marketplaces, and click Actions > Distribute.
- Click Save to confirm the distribution.