Adjusting service cost and quantity
As a BMC Digital Workplace Catalog administrator or internal service supplier, you can edit a service or bundle to set a base cost for a service, and apply cost adjustments to account for administrative offsets that increase the cost, or vendor rebates that reduce the cost. You can also set quantity range limits to allow users to request multiples of a service, multiples of a bundle, and multiples of individual services within bundles. By default, newly created services are free of charge.
You can adjust base cost, quantity, and offset cost for a service in the Cost & Quantity pane.
As part of a service cost and quantity adjustment, you can also change the labels. By default, newly created services are free of charge, and the Pricing Model and Label value are Free. These services are displayed with no cost value.
Default tenant currency
You can change the currency from the default USD to another standard currency code. In multitenant environments, the currency setting applies to a single tenant instance of BMC Digital Workplace Catalog. For information about how to set or change the tenant currency, see knowledge article 000120469 provided by BMC Support.
Before you begin
Create a service, as described in Adding and updating services.
To set the base cost of a service
- Double-click a service to open Service Options, then expand the applicable service revision, and click Cost & Quantity.
- Select a pricing model of Free or Paid.
- Select a Frequency of One Time, Monthly, or Yearly.
- Enter an amount in the default currency.
To change labels for a free service
You can add any meaningful label that categorizes a free of charge service.
From the Label list select one of the following choices:
- Don't show label - no label is applied to a service
- Free - default label that cannot be modified or deleted
- One of the existing labels that were created for any service
- New label, which you can add by clicking Manage labels, and adding a new label name as follows:
To delete labels in the Manage Labels dialog box, click X next to the labels that you want to delete.
If you try to delete a label that is being applied in an existing service, the system informs you. If you confirm the removal, the default Free label is added to the service.
BMC Digital Workplace Catalog provides the ability to create cost labels in multiple languages. For more information, see Localizing catalog items.
The label that you add is available in the details of the service in BMC Digital Workplace client, and is displayed as follows:
For bundles that include only free services, the Free label is displayed by default, and it cannot be changed. For bundles that include at least one chargeable service, the label displays the automatically calculated and summed up price.
To adjust service price and cost
You can adjust price and cost for a service as follows:
- Set the one-time or recurring price of a service in the default currency. The system administrator sets the default currency at the tenant level.
- Add cost adjustments to offset costs, such as administrative charges and vendor rebates.
Save cost adjustment profiles, so that you can apply the same adjustments to other services.
You can group together multiple adjustment lines as an adjustment group. For an adjustment group, enter a custom description and cost. The adjustment group line calculates the total of the cost distribution recorded in the group.
To adjust the request quantity
Enable the user to request multiple quantities of a service:
- When editing a service, the option for the user to adjust the request quantity is enabled by default. You can set the minimum and maximum quantity of the service that the user can request.
- When you disable the option for the user to adjust the request quantity, the default service quantity is set at 1 request unit.
Enable the user to request multiple quantities of a bundle, and the option to enable the user to request multiple quantities of each service within the bundle:
- When editing a bundle, you can set the quantity range limit for the overall bundle. The option for the user to adjust the request quantity of each individual service is disabled by default.
- When you enable the option for the user to adjust the request quantity at the service level, you can set the minimum and maximum quantity that the user can request of each of the services in the bundle.