Service offering issues
As part of standard service offering instance (SOI) creation request, BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management creates and executes the following jobs in BMC Server Automation:.
- Virtual Guest Job
- Update Server Properties Job
- User creation job (a customized NSH Script Job)
- (optional) Application software installation
If any of these jobs fail, BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management causes the SOI request to fail.
To troubleshoot issues with an SOI, determine which job is failing in BMC Server Automation and identify the root cause. For more information, see:
- Troubleshooting Virtual Guest jobs
- Troubleshooting Update Server Properties jobs
- Troubleshooting user creation jobs
- Troubleshooting application software installation jobs
You canconfigure BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management to receive email notifications every time the SOI provisioning fails. A link from the email notification directs a cloud administrator to the troubleshooting section on the console from where you can view information about the stages where the SOI provisioning failed and after resolving the conflict, retry provisioning the SOI. From the console, you can also downloading log files for service offering instance failures.
Related BMC Communities video
Related Knowledge Articles
You can also refer to the following Knowledge Articles from BMC Customer Support: