Providers workspace overview
The Providers workspace enables you to register resource providers. A resource provider is a software program that supplies resources for the cloud. Before BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management can use a resource provider and its resources, you must register an instance of that resource provider. For overview information, see Resource provider overview.
The default resource provider instances are registered when you run the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management installation program, and they do not need to be registered again. Only new resource providers, including new instances of current resource providers, custom resource providers, and third-party resource providers, need to be registered.
- Quick Links— Click a provider category to display the list of previously registered resource providers of the selected type in the table:
- Action buttons — Click to register, edit, or deregister a provider instance:
- Click to register a resource provider instance.
- Click to edit the registration information for the selected resource provider.
- Click to deregister the selected resource provider.
- Click to manage storage mappings. Visible only when you select the Storage Category.
- Click to manage tenant Vfiler mappings. Visible only when you select the Storage Category.
- Click to to edit EC2 user credentials. Visible only when you select an Amazon EC2 provider instance in the provider table.
- Details — Click the vertical Details menu on the right to display the Details pane.