Performing the upgrade
This topic explains the process for upgrading products from BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 2.1.x or 3.0.x to 3.1.x (including the latest service pack). For a visual representation of the upgrade process, see the flow diagram in Upgrade options.
The procedures described in the following topics apply to upgrading to version 3.1 or upgrading to the latest version 3.1 service pack, unless otherwise specified.
The following topics are covered in this section:
- Upgrading BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management
- Migrating data for the cloud core components
- Migrating delta data
- Upgrading customizations
Before you begin
Before you start the upgrade process, ensure that you review the following details:
- You can perform this process for multiple deployment environments, such as for development, quality assurance, and production.
- You can upgrade all products in the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution except the BMC Capacity Optimizer product, which is not a part of BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management.
- Before starting the data migration ensure that all host VMs or physical machines on which you installed BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management are available.
Summary of the upgrade
Based on the time and resources you have available for the upgrade, plan to use an in-place, staged, or staged lite approach for your upgrade. For details about these types of upgrades, see Upgrade options. The following table summarizes the activities you must follow for each type of upgrade.
|Upgrade type||Summary steps|
Where to go from here