BMC Helix Business Workflows provides the following out-of-the-box reports:
- Case reports—Helps case managers to monitor case performance, agents workload, service target status, efforts, and so on.
- Knowledge reports—Helps agents to view information about a knowledge article such as author, status, support group, assignee, and so on.
- Service Level Management reports for Cases—Helps agents to monitor the progress of a case.
Users can view the reports for only those records to which they have access. For information about permissions, see Data access model.
The following languages are not supported for reports:
To configure user groups
To view the BMC Helix Business Workflows reports in the Remedy Smart Reporting Admin console, you must configure user groups in Remedy Smart Reporting.
- Create a user group in the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting Admin console.
For more information about creating user groups in the Remedy Smart Reporting Admin console, see .
- Select Business Workflows Reports as the default dashboard for that user group.
- Add individual users, groups, roles, and so on as members of the group.
If a user is not a member of this user group, to view the reports, the user can manually add the Business Workflows Reports dashboard as the default dashboard. For more information, see To view reports.
To enable access to a case or article from a report
When you view a report, you can access the case or knowledge article by clicking the Launch case or View article link. To enable this access, you must add the BMC Helix Platform server details in the report configuration.
- As a user with the report administrator role, log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows and click Reports.
For more information about Reporting user roles, see .
- On the Reporting workspace, click and navigate to Administration > Configuration.
- On the System tab , click Custom Parameters.
In the SMART_APPS parameter field, enter the server name and port on which the BMC Helix Platform is running.
For example, if you have the BMC Helix Platform URL as enter the set value of this parameter as
- Save your configuration.
To view reports
Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
To access the report, you must have the Case Business Analyst or Case Manager functional role.
- On the Reporting workspace, click
- If you are unable to view the Business Workflows Reports on the first login, add the dashboard manually by clicking and selecting Business Workflows Reports.
- On a subsequent login, to view the dashboard, click Dashboard.
The Business Workflows Reports dashboard displays various tabs of report categories. By default, the Case Reports tab is selected., navigate to the Dashboard and perform the following steps:
- Click a tab to view the reports.
Hover over the icons in a report to perform the following actions:
View, print, export, and share the report.
- View the report details in the table format.
- View detailed report.
Perform the following actions on the detailed report:
Export, share, broadcast, and bookmark the report among other options.
Use filters to restrict the report data.
To go back to BMC Helix Business Workflows, click.For more information about creating new reports, see .
Best PracticeWe recommend that you do not edit an out-of-the-box report. Instead, you create a copy of the report and then modify it. This ensures that you do not lose your changes after an upgrade. For more information about custom reports, see .