Relating cases, knowledge articles, and related users to cases
As a case agent, you create cases for various employee requests like PTO request, request for spot bonus, request for benefits policy, need access to OneDrive, need to replace laptop, and so on. In certain cases like request for benefits policy you might need some reference information to find which policies are applicable to an employee.
BMC Helix Business Workflows provides you a flexibility to refer to information that is related to a case by associating the information with the case. While you work on the case, you can associate related cases, reference knowledge article, similar cases, and related users to the case.
To associate relevant items to a case
- Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
- Navigate to Workspace > Cases.
- To open a case on the Cases workspace, click the required case ID.
Add or associated related items on the case details page.
To add related cases to the case
- On the Related Cases tab, click Add Case.
A list of cases that you have access to is displayed.
- In the Add Related Cases dialog box, in the Select Case section, select the cases that you want to associate with the case and click Next.
You can use to refine the listed cases, based on different criteria.
- To preview a case, click the Case ID of the case from the list.
- In the Add Relationship section, select a Relationship Type for the users. The following relationships are provided out-of-the-box:
- Related to
- Click Save.
- You can remove a related case by clicking for the listed case.
To add a related employee to the case
- On the Related Person tab, click Add Person.
A list of users belonging to your company is displayed.
- In the Add Person dialog box, in the Select Person section, select the users you want to associate with the case, and click Next.
You can use to refine the listed person records, based on different criteria.
- To preview a user's profile, click the user's name.
You can also navigate to the profile from the preview page.
- In the Add Relationship section, select a Relationship Type for the users. The following relationships are provided out-of-the-box :
- Dependent of
- Former Manager
If you selected multiple users, the selected relationship type is applied to all the users.
- Click Save.
The users are displayed on the Related Persons tab of the case with the relationship type you selected.
The case is added to the Related Cases tab of the selected users' Person Profile.
- To view the updates to the related user's profile, click the user's name on the Related Persons tab.
- You can remove a related person by clicking for the listed case.
To associate similar cases or relevant knowledge articles to a case
The Resources tab enables you to view and access relevant articles and similar cases in one location. While working on the case, you can refer to the cases or articles to resolve the case.
On the case details page, click the Resources tab.
To associate similar cases:
Under Similar cases, a list of cases with similar summary information is displayed. Click a case to preview it.
If the case is relevant to your current case, associateit to the case.
The pinned cases are displayed on top of this list.
To associate related knowledge articles:
Under Knowledge Articles, a list of relevant knowledge articles that contain phrases similar to a case summary is displayed. Click an article to preview it.
To narrow down the search results by using filters, click, then click , and use any of the filters that are displayed.
To revert to the default list of knowledge articles, click.
For details, see Knowledge article search.
If the information provided in a Knowledge Article is relevant to the case, associateit to the case.
When you open the case again, the pinned articles are displayed on top of this list.
For a list of possible actions on knowledge articles, see Providing feedback for improving the quality of knowledge articles.