BMC Helix Business Workflows provides the following out-of-the-box reports:
- Case reports—Helps case managers to monitor case performance, agents workload, service target status, efforts, and so on.
- Knowledge reports—Helps agents to view information about a knowledge article such as author, status, support group, assignee, and so on.
- Service Level Management reports for cases—Helps agents to monitor the progress of a case.
Configuring user groups
To view the Business Workflows Dashboard when you click the Reports link in BMC Helix Business Workflows, you can create a user group in the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting Admin console and select the Business Workflows Dashboard as the default dashboard for that user group. You can add individual users, groups, roles, and so on as members of the group. For more information about creating user groups in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting Admin console, see . If a user is not a member of this user group, the user can manually add the Business Workflows Dashboard to view the reports. For more information, see To view reports.
To enable access to reports from a case or article
When you view a report, you can access the case or knowledge article by clicking the Launch case or View article link. To enable this access, you must add the BMC Helix Innovation Studio server details in the report configuration.
- As a user with the report administrator role, log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows and click Reports. For more information about Reporting user roles, see .
- On the Reporting workspace, click and navigate to Administration > Configuration.
- On the System tab , click Custom Parameters.
In the SMART_APPS parameter field, enter the server name and port on which the BMC Helix Platform is running.
For example, if you have the BMC Helix Platform URL as enter the set value of this parameter as
- Save your specifications.
To view reports
Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
Only when your administrator onboards you in Smart Reporting, you can access the reports.
- On the Reporting workspace, click
- If you are unable to view the Business Workflows Dashboard on the first login, add the required dashboard manually by clicking and selecting Business Workflows Dashboard.
- On a subsequent login, view the dashboard by clicking Dashboard.
The Business Workflows Dashboard displays various tabs of report categories. By default, the Case Reports tab is displayed., navigate to the Dashboard and perform the following steps:
- Click a tab to view the reports.
Hover over the icons in a report to perform the following actions:
View, print, export, and share the report.
- View the report details in the table format.
- View detailed report.
Perform the following actions on the detailed report:
Export, share, broadcast, and bookmark the report among other options.
Use filters to restrict the report data.
To go back to BMC Helix Business Workflows, click.
BMC recommends that you do not edit an out-of-the-box report. Instead, you create a copy of the report and then modify it. This ensures that you do not lose your changes. For more information about custom reports, see .
For more information about creating new reports, see .