Automatically changing case status
As a case business analyst, you can configure automated status transition for cases to change their status automatically. In the configuration, you can define the criteria to trigger the configuration, time interval after which you want to activate the configuration, and the status to which you want to transition the case.
For example, a case agent wants to change the status of cases that are in the Pending status for more than 10 days to Assigned. A case business analyst configures automatic case transition of such cases and defines the new status as Assigned. When the configuration is active, the status of all cases that are in the Pending status for more than 10 days are evaluated and their status is changed to Assigned. The case agent then verifies the status change.
To configure case status transitions
- Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
- Click Settings.
- Select Case Management > Automated Status Transition.
On the Automated Status Transition Configuration page, click + Automated Status Transition Configuration.
In the Add Automated Status Transition Configuration pane, fill the fields as explained in the following table:
Field Description Name Specify a unique name for the configuration. Enabled Select this field to enable the configuration. Company Select the company for which you want to apply the configuration.
If you want the configuration to apply to all companies, select Global under Company.
- If you create a configuration that applies globally and another configuration for a company, the company configuration takes precedence over the global configuration.
- If you create a configuration that applies to a company and another configuration a combination of for company, categories, status reason, and so on; the configuration that consists of a combination of company, categories, status reason, and so on takes precedence.
Flowset To use the configuration for a Flowset defined for a particular line of business, select the appropriate Flowset. Status Transition From Status
Select a case status from which you want to transition a case.
For example, if you want to change the status of a case from Resolved to Closed, select this field value as Resolved.
Note: You cannot change the status for cases that are pending for approvals by using an automated status transition configuration.
To Status Select a case status to which you want a case to transition.
For example, if you want to change the status of a case from Resolved to Closed, select this field value as Closed.
From Status Reason Select a status reason for the From Status field value.
For example, if you select the From Status value as Resolved and the From Status Reason value as No Further Action Required, the configuration is applied to cases that are in the Resolved status and have the status reason specified as No Further Action Required.
To Status Reason Select a status reason for the To Status field value.
For example, if you select the following field values:
- From Status—Resolved
- From Status Reason—No Further Action Required
- To Status—Closed
- To Status Reason—Auto resolved
Transition Rule Change Status After (Days of Inactivity) Specify the number of days after which you want the configuration to be active.
Minimum value that you can specify for this field is 1.
For example, if you want to activate the configuration after a week when the status of a case is changed to Resolved, specify the field value as 7.
- A scheduler runs every day and checks for cases that match the configuration criteria and evaluates the inactive days.
- The scheduler calculates the number of inactive days starting from the day the case status changes to the From Status field value that you specified. The calculation of inactive days is independent of any other case field changes.
Additional Criteria Category Tiers Select the case categories for which you want to apply the configuration. Label Select the case label for which for which you want to apply the configuration.
- You cannot create configurations with different criteria for the same To Status and From Status field values.
You cannot create different configurations with the same values for the following fields:
- From Status
- To Status
- Change Status After (Days of Inactivity)
- Automated status configuration is not applied to cases that are In progress and consists of tasks that are not closed.
The following figure shows an example of automated status transition configuration: