Installing Remedy Smart Reporting 20.02.01
This topic provides instructions for on-premises deployment of Remedy Smart Reporting 20.02 Patch 1.
Before you begin
Verify the following conditions before you install Remedy Smart Reporting patch 1 for version 20.02:
|Standalone: Remedy Smart Reporting is installed on a stand alone machine.||Run the Smart Reporting patch installer. For instructions, see To install the patch.|
|Same server: Remedy Smart Reporting and Remedy AR System 20.02 are installed on the same server.|
- You must have installed or upgraded to Remedy Smart Reporting 20.02.
- You must have deployed the Remedy AR System 20.02.01 package. For instructions, see 20.02.01: Patch 1 for version 20.02.
- If the default %TEMP% directory has insufficient space, increase the available space or change its location.
- If the Java version is upgraded to a new version on the machine where BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 20.02 is installed, update the Java path as mentioned in Updating Java paths after upgrading Java .
Best practicesBMC recommends that you install Remedy Smart Reporting and Remedy AR System Server on different machines.
To review the patches currently installed on the server
Open the Maintenance Tool (installed under <AR_InstallDirectory>/ARSystem).
Click Browse to Log.
Scroll through the Navigation pane to find the <Product>InstalledConfiguration.xml file for the product patch that you installed. For example:
Double-click the file to open it in the Maintenance Tool.
Click the Product Feature Map tab.
To install the patch
- Download the patch installer from the BMC Electronic Product Download site, or navigate to the installation directory on the CD.
To download the patch, go to .
- Unzip the AR installer.
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer:
- For Windows, run the setup.exe.
- For UNIX, log on as root and run setup.bin.
- In the lower right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
On the Patch contents panel, open the URL to review what is included in the patch, and then click Next.
- If you have the BMC Remedy AR System server installed on the computer and the value of the environment variable BMC_AR_SYSTEM_HOME is set to the specified location where the AR System server is installed, the BMC Remedy AR System User Inputs panel is displayed.
- If you have only installed BMC Remedy Smart Reporting, the BMC Remedy AR System User Inputs panel is not displayed.
On the Installation Preview panel, review the list of patch fixes that you are installing, and then click Install.
When the patch installation is finished and the Installation Summary panel appears, click View Log to review the SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues.
(Windows) The installation log file is located in the %TEMP% folder of your computer. For example: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\arsystem_install_log.txt.
(UNIX) The installation log file is located in the tmp folder of your computer. For example: /tmp/arsystem_install_log.txt.
When you finish reviewing the log, close it.
To exit the patch installer, click Done.
Use the Maintenance Tool to review the patch information.
To install the patch in a cluster environment
Perform the following steps on each server to apply the patch on all nodes:
- Remove the server from the load balancer.
- On the server, install the patch by following the instructions that are provided in this topic.
- Enable the server on the load balancer.
To perform a silent installation
Open a command window and navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
Run the installer with the
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE= <pathToFile>\Options.txt
setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE= <pathToFile>/Options.txt
You must use an absolute path to the Options.txt file.
After the installation is complete, verify whether the arsystem_install_log.txt file contains the following message:
BMC Remedy Action Request System 20.02 Patch 1 install succeeded.
You can find the arsystem_install_log.txt at the following locations:
Post installation tasks
After installing the patch, if the Java version on your machine is upgraded to a newer version, BMC Remedy AR system and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting might not work. For the Remedy AR System and Remedy Smart Reporting to work successfully after the Java version upgrade, you must update the Java paths by using the instructions mentioned in Updating Java paths after upgrading Java.
Where to go from here
- For information about the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting issues corrected in this patch, see
To install other platform and application components, see 20.02.01: Patch 1 for version 20.02.