Preparing an application for installation
Perform the steps explained in this section to prepare your machine for installing the BMC applications in the BMC Remedy ITSM suite:
Obtain all of the licenses that you need.
An AR System and application fixed license is required for each user created in the system. For sample user data, you must have 15 available fixed licenses, or the sample data will not be installed. Also, any other sample data that reference the user sample data will not be valid. To correctly load sample data, BMC Software recommends at least 20 fixed licenses for BMC Remedy AR System and each application.
After you have added a BMC Remedy AR System server license, add the BMC Atrium Core application licenses.
The Atrium CMDB licenses are automatically added by the BMC Atrium CMDB installer. For information about licensing, see Obtaining BMC Remedy license keys and in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
- Ensure that the application users have the correct permissions.
See in the BMC Service Level Management documentation for more information.
- Ensure that the 18.05 version of the BMC Remedy ITSM suite is installed on all servers in the server group.
- For Linux systems, configure the operating system to allow long file names to be read and copied.
You might find operating system configuration issues in installing directly from a DVD. In some cases, the DVD mount might cause long file names from the DVD not to work.
- Check the websites of the suppliers of the platforms in use at your site to verify that they are still supported.
BMC Software does not support platforms that are no longer supported by the vendor. Carefully read the system requirements for your particular operating system, especially the patch requirements.
- Ensure that no program is using port 12333.
The installer uses port 12333, so you should not run any programs during the installation that use port 12333. After the installation is complete, programs can resume using port 12333.
- (Optional) Add an FTS license if none exists, as described in
in BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
The installer disables FTS indexing before the installation (if it is already enabled) and enables FTS indexing before the end of installation.
- To allow BMC Service Request Management to run on a private server, first configure the BMC Remedy AR System server to run on a private server queue.
For more information about private servers, see in BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
If you are installing the Russian version, ensure that you are using a non-Unicode database. The Russian version does not support Unicode. The installed Russian version cannot coexist with other installed language versions, with the exception of the English version.