Onboarding and implementing
BMC Helix Chatbot is an omni-channel chatbot that uses IBM Watson machine learning capability. The chatbot interacts with users through natural language, understands the conversation context, and perform tasks on behalf of the user.
BMC Helix Chatbot is a subscription-based service that you can purchase with BMC Helix Platform and BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced.
After you subscribe to the service, BMC activates your system. For more information about your product activation, see .
The BMC Helix Chatbot out-of-the-box setup includes the following components:
- If you have opted for one of the following plans, a single instance of IBM Watson services is provided for production, QA, and tailoring environments of BMC Helix Platform:
- IBM Watson Assistant Plus plan
- IBM Watson Assistant Premium plan
- IBM Watson Discovery Advanced plan
- IBM Watson Discovery Premium plan
- BMC Helix Chatbot application.
- Three IBM Watson Assistant Skills with manager access:
- Chatbot—used to train the chatbot to provide intuitive responses to the end user.
- ChatOps—used to train the chatbot to enable swarming between the support agents in Remedy with Smart IT.
- ChatITOps—used to train the chatbot to suggest cost optimization.
You are also provided with an IBM Watson account, and you receive an email from the IBM Cloud email address. You must register your user details in the invitation form.
- The out-of-the-box setup does not include Foundation data (people data).
- Existing customers have three instances of IBM Watson services.
- The IBM Watson Discovery service is provisioned only if you have purchased the BMC Helix Cognitive Search service license.
Onboarding and implementing BMC Helix Chatbot
Before you make BMC Helix Chatbot available to the users in your company, as an administrator, complete the following system configurations:
|Phase 1: Set up Foundation data and user access permissions|
Important: If you have Remedy with Smart IT, BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced, and BMC Helix Platform, you can skip this phase because BMC Helix Chatbot will use the same Foundation data.
Set up Foundation data in BMC Helix Platform so that support agents can respond to the end users' queries.
BMC Helix Platform
Set up Foundation data in BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog so that end users can access BMC Helix Chatbot to ask queries and raise service requests.
|Phase 2: Provision and configure the cognitive service provider|
If you have purchased BMC Helix Chatbot on Bring Your Own Watson to use your own IBM Watson Assistant service instance, configure it to work with BMC Helix Chatbot.
If you have purchased BMC Helix Chatbot on BMC Cloud or AWS to use the IBM Watson Assistant service provisioned by BMC, BMC SaaS Operations configure certain settings in your instance.
After that, you must configure the following settings in BMC Helix Chatbot to connect to this IBM Watson Assistant instance:
If you have subscribed to BMC Helix Cognitive Search service, configure it to work with BMC Helix Chatbot.
|Configuring cognitive insights for BMC Helix Chatbot|
Phase 3: (Optional) Integrate BMC Helix Chatbot with on-premises components
|5||Contact BMC Customer Support to configure the client gateway.|
Phase 4: Configure BMC Helix Chatbot according to your business requirements
Set up BMC Helix Chatbot with your company brand, default locale, chatbot name, and so on.
Integrate BMC Helix Chatbot with other applications.
For information about additional administrative tasks that you can perform, see Administering.