Investigating policy-based situations
As a tenant administrator, you can view and investigate situations to:
Close policy-based situations
- Remediate open or assigned events
To view and investigate a situation
As a tenant administrator, you can investigate situations as explained in the following steps:
- In the BMC Helix AIOps console , click Situations.
- On a Situation tile, click Investigate to view the following details:
- Situation name, severity, incident ID (if available), status, last modification date, and number of events grouped by the top three host names
- Correlation event details such as event message, the impacted host, occurrence, severity, priority, and status
- In the Automations column, automations that match the event are displayed. To run automations, see Remediating events for services and situations.
You can also request to create automations or if you have the permissions, create automations for events.
- Click any event message to view the following event details:
- Event name, severity, priority, and status
- Event assignee details
- Date when the event first occurred or was last modified
Event class details. For more information, see
Related Events tab: If the event is a primary event of a policy-based situation, the tab displays correlation event details, such as event message, the impacted host, occurrence, severity, priority, and status of all the child events.
Performance View tab: If the event slot value for the Class is Alarm, the tab displays the time-series data collected from key the attributes of the causal events of both policy-based and ML-based situations.
(Optional) Click Close Situation if its status is Open or Assigned, and Click Yes.
All the correlated events except the alarm events are closed. The Situation status changes to Closed.