Creating purchase requisitions
The first step in ordering items and software licenses is to create a purchase requisition. After you create the purchase requisition, you can perform additional tasks, as described in the following topics:
- Specifying purchase items manually
- Purchase requisition states
- Obtaining pricing
- Pricing purchase items
- Submitting the purchase requisition for approval
- Approving the purchase requisition
- Modifying rejected purchase requisitions
To create a purchase requisition
- In the navigation pane on the Purchasing console, choose Functions > Create Requisition.
- In the Purchase Requisition form, provide general information about the purchase requisition at the top of the form.
The Status field and Requisition ID fields are read-only. The status of the purchase requisition changes depending on at what stage the purchase requisition is in its lifecycle.
- In the Date Required field, select the date the items are required.
- Select whether installation is needed.
- If you selected Yes and BMC Change Management is installed, select a change template from the Change Template list.
The change template might contain a change request for a specialist to install this item when it is received.
- In the Description field, provide a description of the purchase requisition, for example, new employee setup.
- In the Justification field, specify why these items are needed, for example, for a new employee.
- In the Full Name field, specify the name of the person who needs these items, for example, a new employee.
When you specify the person, information appears in the Phone Number and Manager fields, depending on the settings defined by your administrator.
The Full Name and Phone Number fields display the name and the phone number of the person requesting the items.
- If you are ordering an item from the configuration catalog, perform the following steps.
If you are ordering an item that is not in the configuration catalog, perform the steps described in Specifying purchase items manually and skip to step 4.
- Click Select Configuration.
- In the Manage Configurations dialog box, select the configuration for which you want to view items to purchase.
- Click Check Inventory.
The Configuration Information for Name dialog box appears.
The Purchase Requisition form appears again. The items in the configuration now appear on the Line Items tab on the form.
- Click the Details tab and complete the following fields:
The cost center number. If the person in the Requested For field has a cost center number, the number appears here.
The accounting code number. If the person in the Requested For field has an accounting code, the accounting code appears here.
The project number
The budget code
The purchase requisition number
- Click the Shipping tab.
- If it does not already appear, provide the Ship To Address and Bill To Address information. Specify shipping or billing instructions in the Instructions field.
The Approval tab is a read-only tab. This tab shows the purchase requisitions that are pending approval, approved, or rejected.
Your application administrator can define what appears in the lists on the Shipping tab. For more information, see Creating locations.
- To view the signature information from the Approval tab, select a record and click View.
- Click Save.