This space contains information about the BMC Asset Management 8.1.00 release, which is part of the BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM) Suite 8.1 release.
- Known and corrected
- From Discovery to Software license management
- Creating license certificates and running license jobs (video)
Version 8.1.00 of the BMC Asset Management product features the following enhancements:
- Installation has been simplified.
- Import or export license types for porting licenses.
- Approve records from within your email notifications.
- Enhancements to the console
For complete information about what's new or changed, see Version 8.1.00 enhancements.
Where to start
To understand the end-to-end process for achieving value with, BMC Asset Management, see.
About BMC Asset Management
The BMC Asset Management application enables IT professionals to track and manage enterprise configuration items (CIs) — and their changing relationships — throughout the entire asset life cycle. BMC Asset Management tracks contracts, financial costs, software licenses, outage indicators, and more for the CI information stored within the BMC Atrium CMDB application. BMC Asset Management is integrated with the other applications in the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite and offers flexibility to support customized business processes.