Creating or modifying People data
People can be defined as support and non-support staff in the People form. Support Staff are typical users of the application. They require a login ID, application permissions, and Remedy AR System licenses, and they must belong to at least one support group. Non-support users are all other people that work for your company who would require services from your support groups.
Permissions and functional roles determine what people information can be viewed or modified by different users. For example, if you have the permission of Contact People Admin, you can change a person's company or contact information, but not that person's support group association. An individual can have one or many permission sets.
Certain selections that you make on the People form determine whether you need to complete additional information. For example, if you are creating a record for a support person, you must enter a login ID before saving the entry. Also, when creating a record for a new person, you must enter a site for an office-based employee and a home address for a home-based employee.
Always configure people records by opening the Remedy ITSM People form from the Application Administration Console. Information that you add or modify on the Remedy ITSM People form is automatically updated to the Remedy AR System User form, but information updated on the User form is not updated to the People form.
The VIP option is used to identify an important individual within the organization.
The Client Sensitivity field is used to designate the level of attention that individuals require.
The Login/Access Details tab in the People form stores the login ID, licensing information, and permissions groups for the individual specified on the People form. In the Login ID field on the Login/Access Details tab of the CTM:People form, you cannot use the word System as the Login ID.
From the Financials tab you can configure cost centers. You can configure cost centers from the Financials tab of the People form. You use the Financial sub-component to track costs across the various applications.
The Notifications tab in the People form lists the notification that have been sent to the person. It also provides access to a form where you can configure or edit notification preferences.
Using Other Functions on the People form
The Other Functions navigation pane for the People form contains the following options:
- View Audit Log—Enables you to view field and notification audits that relate to the request. When certain fields are changed, when the status is changed, or when system notifications are sent, an audit entry is generated to track the modification. To filter the information shown, you can select the Audit Type that you would like to view (for example, All, Status, Location, or Remedy User Information).
- Advanced Search—Enables you to perform searches for people based on specific people child records (such as work information, permission groups, support groups, and support group functional role records). For example, if you want to search for people records with a permission group of Infrastructure Change Config, you would select the Search People Records by Permission Groups option to open a form with the fields from the People form and the People Permission Group form.
Change to Non Support—Use this function to remove support groups and permissions groups for a user. It sets the Support Staff flag to No.
Setting the Support Staff flag to No causes the following changes to the People record:
- The license type is set to Read on the People and the User forms.
- The BMC Atrium CMDB BMC_Person Class People record is updated with the new information.
- Removes the Notification Availability, Assignment Availability, and Approver Mappings for the user.
- The user ID is removed from any Support Groups to which it belonged, along with any associations to support groups.
- The support group roles associated with the user ID are removed (along with any associations to related records)
- Remove Login ID—When a person leaves a company or moves to a role within a company that does not require access to Remedy ITSM Suite, you can remove that person's login ID. For more information, Resetting a person's password or login ID.
As an administrator, you can configure alternate approvers for people who have not set up alternates by going to the Alternates tab in the AP:Administrator form and assigning alternates.