Creating and modifying companies and organization structures
You can configure your organization's structural information such as country, geography, and sites. For all BMC Helix ITSM foundation forms with status values, administrators can change the status of records by selecting from the following options:
- Archive——Record can be archived but archiving is not done automatically by the system.
- Delete—Record can be deleted but deletion is not done automatically by the system.
- Enabled—Record can be verified for use within the application. This status might or might not be the default status for a record.
- Obsolete—Record is no longer used but it is kept in the system for reference. The record should not be deleted. If the record is not a people record then it is no longer available for selection. People records with this status remain available for selection.
- Offline—Record has been taken out of Enabled status for a period of time with the intent of enabling it again in the future. If the record is not a people record then it is no longer available for selection. People records with this status remain available for selection.
- Proposed—Record has been filled in (or completed); however, it needs verification before being moved to the Enabled state.
Access point for Company and Organizational Structures custom configuration
The custom configuration for companies and organizational structures is accessed from the Foundation > Organizational Structures expandable command list on the Custom Configuration tab of the Application Administration Console.