Troubleshooting Email Engine
While troubleshooting Email Engine, complete the following tasks:
- Check the known and corrected issues in Action Request System.
- Apply the latest hotfix for Email Engine. To download the latest hotfix, see knowledge article .
The hotfix patch names for Email Engine start with SE (for Server Email), whereas the hotfix package names for AR System server begin with SR (for Server). The hotfixes for Email Engine and the hotfixes for AR System server are placed together. Make sure that you check the hotfix level of both AR System server and Email Engine. For any questions about hotfixes and applying hotfixes, read through the associated Readme file or contact BMC Support by opening a support ticket. Troubleshooting Email Engine involves many components, such as AR System server, database, workflow, network, and email server.
When an issue occurs while using Email Engine, analyze the cause. To resolve the issues, see the following topics in the Troubleshooting Guide for Email Engine:
- Troubleshooting outgoing issues with Email Engine
- Troubleshooting incoming issues with Email Engine
- Troubleshooting performance issues with Email Engine
- Troubleshooting common issues with Email Engine
Connect with Remedy webinars for Email Engine
You can watch the recordings of the following webinars for Email Engine on BMC Communities:
Popular knowledge articles for Email Engine
You can read the following popular knowledge articles for Email Engine on BMC Communities: