Troubleshooting Approval Server
When troubleshooting Approval Server, complete the following tasks:
- Check the known and corrected issues in Action Request System.
- Apply the latest hotfix for Approval Server.
- Review the recommended Approval Server configuration if you experience issues with the Approval Server. For more information, see Configuring approval server.
Ensure that you check the hotfix level of both AR System server and Approval Server. For any questions about hotfixes and applying hotfixes, read through the associated Readme file or contact BMC Support by opening a support ticket.
When an issue occurs while using Approval Server, analyze the cause. The following list includes the common problems that can occur when using Approval Server:
- Troubleshooting when approvals are not processed or other unexpected behaviors occur
- Troubleshooting performance issues while processing approvals
- Troubleshooting when approval server fails to process records from Application Pending form
- Troubleshooting plug-in issues with approval server
- Troubleshooting when approving requests via emails does not work
Popular knowledge articles for Approval Server
The following list includes some of the popular knowledge articles from BMC Communities for Approval Server:
Video for Approval Server
The following video (6:32) explains how to test Approval Server.