Preparing Silk Test script execution for synthetic transaction monitoring
For configuring a Silk Test project with Silk Performer, see the about configuring Windows for GUI-level testing and GUI-level test execution.
- Make sure to follow all steps of the procedure.
- For running Silk Test scripts, a Windows Server edition platform is required.
To prepare a Silk Test package for the TEA Agent
- Refer to Silk Performer documentation and follow all of the instructions to create a new Silk Performer project for modeling GUI-level test scripts based on Silk Test classic test cases.
In the new Silk Performer project, ensure that you select the Use project attributes for session login check box.
This option enables you to enter the user name and password of a local administrator account on the TEA Agent computer, so that it can log on to a Remote Desktop session using Remote Desktop Services (formerly known as Terminal Services).
- Modify the automatically generated script to make the following code changes:
From under the
TInittransaction, move the
varsection to under the main transaction:
sUser : string;
sPasswd : string;
AttributeGetString()functions and the
StInitSession()function from under the
TInittransaction to under the main transaction.
- At the end of the main transaction, add the
- Export the project to make it available as an .ltz file.
- Refer to the Silk Performer documentation to configure your Windows operating system to run the Silk Test scripts.
Where to go from here
Go to Editing an application's synthetic settings to define an Execution Plan and select locations on which to run the Silk Test project.