Modifying an App Visibility agent policy file to collect and monitor application information
This section presents parameters that you can modify in an App Visibility policy.
Changes to any of the parameters in the policy files can have a sizable impact on the footprint of the App Visibility agent and on the App Visibility collector’s scalability and database size. BMC recommends consulting with Customer Support before changing any of the parameter values.
Before you begin
To perform this procedure, you must have-level access.
To edit a policy file
- From the navigation pane, select Administration > App Visibility Agent Policies.
On the App Visibility Agent Policies page, click the action menu of the policy that you want to edit, and select Edit.
You cannot edit an out-of-the-box policy (displayed with a lock icon), but you can create a copy of the policy and edit the copy:
- From the action menu of the policy that you want to copy, select Save As.
- On the Create App Visibility Agent Policy File page, rename the policy and modify it according to your requirements.
On the Edit App Visibility Agent Policy page,the policy according to your requirements.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Managing App Visibility policy files. to relevant agents or . For details, see
The following topics describe some of the most common configuration settings:
- Comparing default App Visibility agent policies for Java
- Concealing sensitive data recorded by the App Visibility agents
- Reducing the number of similar requests
- Adjusting the percentage of sampled requests: Agent overhead
- Collecting data for stack traces that exceeded thresholds
- Persisting tagged transactions
- Disabling end-user monitoring in App Visibility
- Monitoring standalone services for .NET Framework
- Following up on problematic transactions: escalation