Changing security settings for a Collector
In a Real User Collector, a Security user can enable or disable security features for services.
To configure the following security features for services, point to Administration > Security settings and click Services:
- SNMP — When SNMP is enabled, you can configure the system as a managed network device that sends SNMP traps.
- Configuration API access — When configuration API access is enabled, you can configure the Watchpoints and custom fields via the Configuration API in addition to the web interface.
- Alerts — When incident and error alerts are enabled, you can configure the system to send alerts via email to recipients when certain events occur.
- Secure REST APIs — When Secure REST APIs is enabled, you can use the rest call API in a secure (HTTPS) or non-secure mode (HTTP). If it is disabled, you can only use the the rest call API in a secure (HTTPS) mode.
- Require approval for header & content extraction — When approval is required for header and content extraction, specified newly added custom fields remain inactive until the Security user approves them. Custom fields can contain sensitive information derived from live web traffic, such as credit card numbers and other personal information.
- A prelogin message — When the prelogin message is enabled, the system displays a custom message on the logon page.
To customize this message, click Edit on the Action menu for Pre-login message. Maximum length of the message is 1024 characters, HTML is not allowed.
Automatic page reload — When automatic page reload is enabled, some pages automatically reload themselves after a predefined interval. This function is useful if you want to monitor data in near-real time without manually refreshing the page repeatedly.
The automatic page-reload function might prevent inactive user sessions from timing out.
- Inactive session timeout period — Click Edit on the Action menu for Inactive session timeout period.
- Minimum: 5 minutes
- Maximum: 48 hours